National Intellectual Property (IP) Training Center
(Section for Educational Programs and Activities)
National Intellectual Property Training Center (IP Academy) - international project by the World Intellectual Property Organization, which is implementing in Ukraine since 2019 under the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) on establishment of the National Intellectual Property Training Center in Ukraine of October 3, 2019. IP Academy is one of the 8 training centers in the world, which are created with the assistance of the WIPO Academy.
IP Academy is implementing by the Section for Educational Programs and Activities, IP Relations Development Department, State Enterprise “Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute” (Ukrpatent).
Mission: fostering the development and strengthening of human resources in Ukraine in the sphere of IP, popularization of knowledges and formation of IP culture (educational activities).
IP Academy provides trainings and educational activities for:
- creative industries and startups.
- IP specialists and lawyers.
- public sector.
- students and school children.
- scientific and pedagogical staff of educational institutions.
- professional communities interested in IP.
Also, IP Academy provides development and promotion of training material in the sphere of IP, publications on current issues and initiates round-table discussions for associations of scientists and experts on the development of IP in Ukraine.
The concept of "IP Lifelong Learning" has been formed within the framework of IP Academy and consists of five areas:
1. «IP Basic & Next Level» - improvement of competencies and acquiring in-depth knowledge of the sphere of IP, professional preparation of candidates IP agents;
2. «IP for Creative Industries & Startups» - raising awareness of creative industries representatives to ensure legal protection of the creative activity results;
3. «IP for Students» - training of future IP professionals;
4. «IP for Teenager» - raising a culture of respect for IP, the acquisition of basic skills on the basic of knowledge about IP, legal rights and responsibilities of creators;
5. «IP for Children» - development of creative personality and innovative thinking, familiarization with general issues in the sphere of IP, creating a culture of respect for the creators and their rights.
The project page on the WIPO website: https://www.wipo.int/academy/en/
Our project: http://creative-academy.com.ua/