Ukrainian Industrial Property Rights Examining Authority International Quality Certificate
The State Enterprise “Ukrainian Industrial Property Institute” (SE “UIPI”) – the only examining authority for industrial property rights applications in Ukraine – has got a certificate of quality management system conformity to the international standard ISO 9001:2015.
In July 2018 State Enterprise “Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute” (Ukrpatent) was subjected to recertification audit in order to verify that Quality Management System (QMS) meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
Audit had been performed by LLC “Global Certifik”, representative of International Certification Agency “DEKRA” in Ukraine.
As a result of the audit, it has been verified that Ukrpatent’s Quality Management System (QMS) meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and new certificate, valid for 3 years until September 2021 has been issued.
Scope of certification:
- scientific and technological examination of applications for intellectual property rights and examination support processes;
- technical management of the state registers and preparation of information on applications, patents, certificates and international registrations for publication in official bulletins;
- information retrieval with regard to the claimed intellectual property rights, generation of respective reports, in particular, on invention applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty.
The State Enterprise “Ukrainian Industrial Property Institute” (SE “UIPI”) – the only examining authority for industrial property rights applications in Ukraine – has got a certificate of quality management system conformity to the international standard ISO 9001:2008.
In September 2012 an accredited certification agency "Global Certific" under instructions of DEKRA Certification Company conducted a certification audit of a quality management system at the SE “UIPI” to confirm its correspondence to the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
The quality management system at the SE “UIPI” has been independently audited and confirmed as being in conformity with ISO 9001:2008 for which we have been issued the Certificate by DEKRA Certification Company. It approves that quality management system at the SE “UIPI” is introduced and maintained in the following areas of activity:
- examination of the applications for intellectual property rights (inventions, utility models, industrial designs, marks for goods and services, topographies of integrated circuits and indications of origin of goods) as to the compliance with the conditions for obtaining legal protection as well as examination support processes;
- provision of preparation of the intellectual property rights for the state registration and the official publication of information relating thereto;
- searching and examination of applications for inventions pursuant to the Patent Cooperation Treaty.