The Bulletin “Industrial Property” has been published since 1993 (before July 2019 (No. 13/2019) – the Official Bulletin “Industrial Property”). Periodicity of publication is set based on the materials submitted for publication. Since 1993, the Bulletin had been published in two books once per month. Starting from April 2007 to December 2020, bulletin is published twice a month in two books.
With the entry into force of the Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Laws on the Establishment of the National Intellectual Property Office" of June 16, 2020 No. 703-IX and in accordance with Part 1 of the Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of October 13, 2020 No. 1276-r "On the National Intellectual Property Office", according to which the State Enterprise "Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute" (Ukrpatent) performs the functions of the National Intellectual Property Office (hereinafter – NIPO), one of Ukrpatent's authorities is to publish official information on intellectual property rights.
Starting from October 15, 2020 (No. 20/2020) the Bulletin "Industrial Property" (official electronic bulletin of the NIPO) is published by Ukrpatent twice a month, consists of two volumes and is posted on the Ukrpatent website at https://ukrpatent.org/uk/articles/bulletin-ip. The Bulletin "Industrial Property" is a separate official online periodical electronic publication with an integrated search engine.
Starting from January 1, 2021, the Bulletin “Industrial Property” will be published weekly.
The section of the Bulletin "Information on Trademark Applications" is updated daily with information that is considered published in the issue of the Bulletin "Industrial Property", which is formed for the corresponding period of publication.
The structure and contents of the Bulletin is improved constantly given the changes in the current regulatory background in the field of legal protection of intellectual property.
The current structure of the Bulletin is established by the Order of Ukrpatent "About Publication of Information on Intellectual Property Rights" of November 2, 2020 No. 152-N/2020, which approves and puts into effect the Composition of information on claimed and registered intellectual property rights, other official information and notices for their publication, taking into account the latest changes made to special laws in the field of intellectual property.
Each volume of the Bulletin contains the following data:
Volume 1 “Inventions, Utility Models, Semiconductor Product Layouts” includes the following sections:
- official communications;
- information about invention applications;
- information about state registration of inventions;
- information about state registration of utility models;
- information about state registration of semiconductor product layouts;
Volume 2 “Industrial Designs, Trademarks, Geographical Indications" includes the following sections:
- official communications;
- information about state registration of industrial designs;
- information about trademark applications;
- information about granted certificates of Ukraine for trademarks;
- information about trademarks registered under the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks, with extension to Ukraine;
- information about trademarks registered under the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks, granted protection in Ukraine;
- information about well-known marks in Ukraine;
- information about applications for state registration of geographical indications and about geographical indications for which protection is claimed in Ukraine on the basis of an international agreement;
- information about state registration of geographical indications;
- information about the right to use registered geographical indications;
According to the "List of Services Provided by the State Enterprise "Ukrainian Intellectual Property Institute", the Bulletin "Industrial Property" can be purchased on optical media in the prescribed manner.
Modified in December, 2020